Many people are familiar with Solid Rock. You may have seen us from I-75 or seen one of our TV commercials, or heard about us some other way. Although many have heard about us it's surprising how little people really know about us. This page will help you understand why Solid Rock Church exists, and what we believe.
We are here to . . .
- Help people grow closer to God - Through Education, Fusion Groups, Preaching, & Worship
- Serve our Community - Through Community Outreaches, the Darlene Bishop Home for Life, Ignition
- Strengthen Families - Through Family Nights, Events & Festivals, Prayer Services, Camps & Retreats
What we believe . . .
- WE BELIEVE the Bible is the inspired Word of God and it declares His design and plan for mankind.
- WE BELIEVE there is only one true God – revealed in three persons...Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- WE BELIEVE Jesus, God's son, was both human and divine.
- WE BELIEVE though originally good, man fell into sin – ushering evil and death, both physical and spiritual, into the world.
- WE BELIEVE everyone can be reconciled to God by trusting Christ, through faith and repentance, to be our personal Savior.
- WE BELIEVE and practice two ordinances—(1) Water baptism by immersion after repenting of one's sins and receiving Christ's gift of salvation, and (2) Holy Communion (the Lord's Supper) as a symbolic remembrance of Christ's suffering and death for our salvation.
- WE BELIEVE the baptism of the Holy Spirit is an experience following salvation that empowers believers for witnessing and effective service, just as it did in New Testament times. The initial physical evidence of the baptism of the Holy Spirit is “speaking in tongues” as experienced on the Day of Pentecost and referenced throughout Acts and the Epistles.
- WE BELIEVE sanctification occurs at salvation and is not only a declaration that a believer is holy, but also a progressive lifelong process of separating from evil as believers continually draw closer to God and become more Christlike.
- WE BELIEVE the mission of the Church is to seek and save all who are lost in sin. We believe 'the Church' is the Body of Christ and consists of the people who, throughout time, have accepted God's offer of redemption through the sacrificial death of His son Jesus Christ.
- WE BELIEVE Divine healing of the sick is provided for in Christ's atonement (His sacrificial death on the cross for our sins).
- WE BELIEVE that Christ will return to the earth and rapture his church. At this future moment in time all believers who have died will rise from their graves and will meet the Lord in the air, and Christians who are alive will be caught up with them, to be with the Lord forever.